Case Study Jenny McBrayer, Mom of two boys
- They had done Kumon and private tutoring in the past.
- Her younger son started having some struggles in the classroom and parents wanted to help him succeed in the classroom, keep up with his peers, and increase his confidence level with his math skills. Her son was getting so frustrated that they were getting reports from school teachers that he was flat-out refusing to continue to do his work.
- Their family has a pretty busy schedule and her husband travels for work.
- They evaluated other programs like Kumon and had worked with one-on-one tutors as well. The boys did not enjoy this at all. There was no engagement or interactions
- After joining Thinkster, their son now really enjoys doing Math. He has a great relationship with his tutor. He did amazingly well in his school and state benchmark assessment and his scores were outstanding. Jenny’s son now feels more confident about Math.
- Jenny likes the specific and daily feedback from her Thinkster tutor. She really likes that they get to be “in-the-know” of whatever is happening daily with their son’s math learning. She loves the interface and the ease of using Thinkster.
Jenny McBrayer - Parent Quote
“We got some really good news recently - when my son got his benchmark assessment, he scored out of the park. His teacher even pulled him out of line when she saw his score and whispered in his ear how well he had done. And he was so proud when he got in the car that day. I can say that Adam continuing to work with Thinkster and work on his math skills has improved his confidence and his willingness to even work at math, an area where he had struggled before joining Thinkster.
And more than anything, I just love seeing him be so excited about how he performed. It's a joy. I'm telling you, honestly, to see kids find themselves and the confidence they build because that's a lifelong thing”